2:00pm Wed.
Dear Julie,
Good to hear from you. I was curious and looked up the combination as a result of the Phase 3 Rosella trial.
How This Combination Fights Platinum Resistance
When ovarian cancer becomes resistant to platinum-based chemotherapies (like carboplatin or cisplatin), tumor cells frequently over-activate their glucocorticoid receptors (GR).
This receptor activation acts like an "escape hatch," utilizing the body's natural stress hormone (cortisol) to trigger anti-apoptotic pathways—essentially signaling the cancer cells to survive and resist chemotherapy.
Relacorilant's Role: It acts as a selective glucocorticoid receptor antagonist. It effectively "plugs" the escape hatch, cutting off the survival signals mediated by cortisol.
Abraxane Role: Once relacorilant strips away the tumor's cortisol-driven defenses, the cancer cell becomes highly sensitized to chemotherapy. This allows the Abraxane to step in and successfully destroy the cancer cells.
Interesting to note the combination uses our own “ stress hormone cortisol “ …..as noted above, it plugs the escape hatch.
Read to be careful with steroids: Steroid Limitations: Because relacorilant blocks glucocorticoid receptors, chronic or frequent use of systemic corticosteroids (like prednisone or dexamethasone) is contraindicated. If a patient requires life-saving steroid treatment, they cannot take relacorilant.
I hope you find someone who is taking this combo to give you more feedback. If I find out anymore interesting data will pass on….
Hang in there GF!!!! Lots of hugs coming your way! 🥰 Kaye
Hello, @A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member, hope you're enjoying your summer and feeling ok.
I was recently looking at clinical trials and stumbled upon Lifyorli, it is a medication in addition to chemo, right? There's never enough info about the new stuff to be able to make a decision. Just the usual long list of side effects. I was offered to participate in clinical trials called Sac-TMT
for recurrent OC. Waiting to see if I qualify. It was exciting and reassuring at first but my feelings grew ambivalent lately. Hope you'll get to find someone with more direct knowledge about this new drug. Hugs!
What a great question — and sending warm wishes right back to you! Here's what's known about relacorilant (brand name Lifyorli) combined with Abraxane (nab-paclitaxel):
This combination was FDA-approved in March 2026 for adults with platinum-resistant epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer. There Show Full Answer
Yes, it has been approved for platinum resistant OC patients and has just moved into trial with platinum sensitive patients. I am being offered that trial and can’t seem to gather as much info out there as I had hoped! Thank you!