Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ
September 24
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am on this treatment and it took a little bit to get it right for me. My very first dose tanked my white blood counts so I couldn’t do the next 2. My doctor changed the protocol from 3 weeks on and 1 off to every other week and also reduced the taxol and then we added the next day shot to boost the white counts. This is my week off and I feel the best I’ve felt in a long time.

September 29
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you for the update!

October 1
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been on this regimen since May and I am not doing well. My main awful side effect is horrible neuropathy in my hands and feet from the Abraxane. Even reduced doses and cold packs have not helped and my CA 125 rose after having gone down some. I will be looking for an alternative.

September 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Betty, that’s great to know! It’s amazing the shot boosts the white cells up quickly. Hang in there and keep up the fight. Will be thinking of you, Hugs Kaye🥰

September 29
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Dear Mary, I’m sooo sorry you had to be hospitalized with major side effects. How are you feeling today, Monday 9/28/26, hugs, Kaye🥰

September 28

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hacketts Cove Nova Scotia Canada

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, CA