Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ
July 16
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members discussed Lifyorli, a newly FDA-approved treatment for platinum-resistant ovarian cancer, with several sharing early experiences using... Read more

Members discussed Lifyorli, a newly FDA-approved treatment for platinum-resistant ovarian cancer, with several sharing early experiences using it alongside Abraxane (nab-paclitaxel). Many reported encouraging drops in CA-125 levels, including one member whose numbers fell by over 1,100 points after just one dose, though side effects like fatigue, neutropenia, anemia, and adrenal insufficiency were also noted. A recurring theme was cautious optimism about this new addition to the treatment arsenal, with members urging each other to stay in close contact with their oncologists, monitor symptoms early, and lean on community support.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Michelle3,
Oh my thank you for sharing! I read about the studies and saw where it is very new released march 2026. I’m going to post what I found because this sounds VERY promising especially for platinum resistant.

Most last choices are Elahere. Here is the INfo: It is a highly promising breakthrough because platinum-resistant ovarian cancer has historically been one of the most difficult settings to treat.
For years, medical progress in this area was limited to incremental, minor improvements.
Medical experts and oncology organizations view this approval as a major step forward for several key reasons:
Overcomes a Major Treatment Roadblock

Combats Chemotherapy Resistance: Cortisol binds to glucocorticoid receptors and shields cancer cells from chemotherapy, preventing cell death. Lifyorli completely blocks this biological "shield"

.Makes Standard Chemo Work Better: It acts as a force multiplier, restoring the cancer cells' vulnerability to the accompanying nab-paclitaxel treatment.
Widens Patient Eligibility
Biomarker Agnostic: Unlike many modern immunotherapies that require specific genetic profiles, Lifyorli does not require any biomarker testing.
Broad Application: Any adult meeting the basic treatment history criteria can potentially use it, regardless of their tumor’s specific mutations.

Earned Immediate Expert Recognition NCCN "Preferred Regimen": Following its data readout, the National Comprehensive Cancer Network (NCCN) rapidly updated its clinical guidelines to list Lifyorli plus nab-paclitaxel as a preferred treatment option.

Significant Survival Extension: In oncology, a 4.1-month extension in median overall survival—accompanied by a 35% reduction in mortality risk—is considered an exceptionally strong result for an aggressive, treatment-resistant cancer.

Michelle3 I’m sending you lots of strength and hugs!🥰. Kaye

July 17
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am on Abraxane and had one dose of lifyorli. My numbers dropped by 1100 pts. I never had a drop as big as that. It went from 2895 to 1763.

July 30
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Michelle and Liz, this medication is working, like all of us say one more added to our arsenal, and I hope it brings down the CA125 numbers. Hang in there with the fatigue. Might want to stock up on a few bottles of electrolytes.
Sending you both virtual strength to hang in there!🥰 Kaye

July 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have now finished my second cycle. Each dose seemed to increase my fatigue, but my blood counts were going down to contribute to feeling drained. Most recent CA 125 has gone down so I find this encouraging for all of us.

July 19
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I will keep you posted!

July 17

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New Jersey, NJ