Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
December 9, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Becky,
I don't know the answer to your question. My diagnosis is 3B. I am currently on Zejula to prevent recurrence, and I have been on it since April '23, after de-bulking surgery and 6 rounds of Chemo.
I also don't understand how they did actual "staging" of your cancer without a debulking operation. To stage, I was told, they need to put eyes on it, and do pathology of the many biopsies (21 specimens in my case, 19 were cancer positive) from the tumors (2 in my case), uterus, ommentum etc. and the lymph nodes (suspicious ones extracted) and any suspicious cells scraped, during debulking surgery.

As for "advanced" cancer, both stages 3 and 4 are considered advanced.

I would be asking questions and also for a second (and third) opinion. It is good that your ca-125 is down since treatment, as it shows that it has been effective. However advocate for yourself and make sure that you are on the best path to as healthy as you can.
All the best,
Ingrid

December 10, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Did you have any symptoms of the recurrence?

December 11, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I receive Keytruda; Avastin, and Cyclophosomide every three weeks. My number is at 41 down from 1005. I don't understand why I haven't had surgery yet?

December 9, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Will definitely ask him at next month appt

December 14, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Beckie, standardize care for ovarian cancer is for a hysterectomy and debulking. I’ll be interested to hear his rationale for not having surgery yet.

December 13, 2024

Related Questions

View All