I am stage 3C HGSOC and will be going through 6 bouts of chemotherapy.
Stage 3C HGSC started with 3 rounds carboplatin and pacitaxel, debulking,3 more rounds of carboplatin and pacitaxel. Added avastin at round 5 and 6. Then I continued on avastin, completing 22 cycles. I am in remission at this time. CA125 went from 184 to 3+/-. Completed last avastin on May 11, 2026.
I did have a second opinion at Sloan Kettering, it was helpful to have that as it really helped me to understand what choices I had for maintenance therapy.
I was given 3 choices: watch and wait,(I am Not a watch and wait kinda gal), PARP, and avastin. I was not a good candidate for PARP because I am a wild type. I chose avastin because of ascites found at both surgeries.
The HGSC was found during gallbladder surgery….. I am and was incredibly lucky…..
All the best
Stage 3C HGSC and had 6 infusions, surgery, then 6 more infusions (carbo and pacitaxel. The Last 6 infusions after surgery they added Avastin. I am stable now and on the Avastin maintenance indefinitely, every 3 weeks. I will have a CT Scan every 6 months indefinitely also.
My CA125 at the beginning was over 5,000, 3 months later it’s already down to 2,708 then 2 months after that it was 861. It is now at 55.9, lowest it’s gotten was 41 a few months ago. I took Ferbendazole the entire time along with Methylene Blue, but not as much as Ferben. Would really like to know if it had any effect on my tumor marker & the cancer but I’ll never know. I’m going to continue taking it since it won’t do any worse then the cancer or chemo drugs have done to my body.