Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I was initially diagnosed 3C in Oct 2021. After treatment was NED in March 2022. Used a parp inhibitor for nearly 3 years and remained NED until August 2025. After chemo I am once again blessed to be NED as of January 2026. I am now off all meds with the plan to follow up with CA125 tests and CT scans. I am curious for others on no meds & NED status the frequency you receive follow-up CT scans. Thank you!

March 22
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their CT scan schedules after achieving NED status following ovarian cancer treatment, with most reporting scans every 3 months... Read more

Members shared their CT scan schedules after achieving NED status following ovarian cancer treatment, with most reporting scans every 3 months in the first 1-2 years, transitioning to every 6 months by year 3, and eventually to annual scans after 5 years. Several members emphasized that their oncologists use CA-125 trends and symptoms to guide scan timing rather than relying on fixed schedules alone, with some using advanced tests like Signatera or HE4 to detect recurrence earlier than imaging alone. A recurring theme was the importance of self-advocacy, staying vigilant about rising tumor markers or new symptoms, and requesting more frequent imaging if personal history or gut instinct suggests closer monitoring is warranted.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Can someone please advise what’s does NED mean please.

March 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Faith, I was having constipation & diarrhea but nothing other than that. My CA125 started to jump to high teens, then 20s and 37. I had not had a scan in a year as I had no symptoms and my CA was steady. By the time I reached CA 125 at 37 I had a 10cm tumor that had wrapped around my colon and adhered to my bladder. Fortunately with a great surgeon he was able to remove all tumors with only taking a small portion of my colon and operated on my bladder to keep it functioning. With my cancer returning while my CA125 was within normal range, we have determining regular CT scans are the right plan for me. Today at my appointment we decided to retest my CA125 in 3 weeks. If my CA125 rises again, we will transfer my May CT scan to April.

March 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed with OV for the third time almost exactly a year ago. I had five rounds of chemo and have been NED for about nine months. I get CT scans and office visits every three months. My next visit is in April and I’m just sure that I will be NED again. Hugs and prayers to ALL of you!

March 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My doctor had me doing CT scans every 3 months after I was NED after chemo. I was on Lynparza for 2 years and had scans every 3 months. During the next year after stopping Lynparza, I got scans every 3 months. I now get scans and CA125 tests every 6 months. It's been 3 1/2 years now NED.

March 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi there Susan9,
Frequency of CT scans are based on cancer type, test result from HE-4 (Natera), and if CA125 is trending upward.

Here’s the scale some oncologist use:

After reaching No Evidence of Disease (NED) status and finishing active medication, oncologist surveillance schedules for
CT scans typically follow a tiered frequency that decreases as more time passes without a recurrence.

While exact timing is a personalized clinical decision, standard surveillance models often follow these intervals:
Typical CT Scan Frequency Intervals

First 2 Years (High-Risk Period):
Scans are most frequent during this time, commonly occurring every 3 to 6 months.
Years 3 to 5: If you remain NED, the frequency often shifts to every 6 to 12 months.
After 5 Years: Many protocols move to annual (once a year) imaging or may transition to clinical exams only, depending on the cancer type..

Hope this helps.
🥰Hugs Kaye

March 30

Related Questions

View All