Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
July 6, 2025
 · 
Be the first to react

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with high-grade serous ovarian cancer stage 3C recurrence, with timelines ranging from just three months to... Read more

Members shared their experiences with high-grade serous ovarian cancer stage 3C recurrence, with timelines ranging from just three months to no recurrence after three years, highlighting the unpredictability of the disease and the wide variation in individual outcomes. Several members described their treatment journeys, including maintenance therapies like Lynparza and Avastin, with recurrences often detected through rising CA-125 levels or imaging scans showing new peritoneal disease, bowel obstructions, or metastases to organs like the spleen. A recurring theme was the importance of self-advocacy, staying vigilant without letting fear take over, trusting your instincts about your body, and finding strength through faith, community support, and the encouragement that even platinum-resistant cases can be managed with newer treatments like Enhertu.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was DX’d with pretty much same scenario in 2017 sans appendix. I have had chemo off and on since then and have been NED for about 9 months. Longest time ever! Don’t worry about reoccurrence- you can’t do anything about it if it does. Thus just puts stress on you and stress is not good for us. You know your body. You know if something is out of kilter. Tell your doc but if they give you a flippant answer either squeak louder or get another opinion, You are your own best advocate! I was told at the beginning of my journey I had 2 maybe 3 years. It’s been 8 and I’m not pushing up dandelions yet!! My oncologist told me genetics is a crap shoot. and not to put a lot of stock in it. And I haven’t!!! The best person you can recruit for helping you is to ask God to take care of you. He is the one who says when you live or die. I have a whole slew of prayer warriors warting Him everyday to take care of me. I’ve taken the chemo, Rubraca and Lynparza but it’s God’s blessings that have kept me kicking! Put your faith in Him. Love you and you are all in my prayers. Hang in there sugar and have a blessed day!

My reply is meant for all of us facing this menace and I am blessed to be among a group of heroic ladies !

July 6, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was high grade serous Stage 3C. Diagnosed in April 2022, finished surgery and chemo in Sept 2022, am NED and have not recurred. But was BRCA 2 (somatic) and was on Lynparza for 2 years, stop taking the Lynparza in Sept 2024.

July 6, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Diagnosed Stage 3c Oct 2021. Debulking surgery same month, then 6 rounds of chemo finished March 2022. Thankfully remain NED.

July 8, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed 12/2022 had 3 chemos paxitaxil and carbonation with some avistin in there at times then debulking momentum out too. After surgery 3 more chemos and put in maintenance of Lynparza and avistin . I was doing ok till this March 2025 when the scan CT and Pet revealed a pea size attached to my spleen. Spleen removed and recurrence removed successfully. Now on chemo again carbo avistin and Gemzar. Looking at 6 infusions which I’ve completed one. Doing ok but my vision is affected. So time before recurrence 28 months.

July 7, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am thinking of you and hope you get great results

July 6, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Boston, MA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In