Bevacizumab during chemotherapy (June to Oct 25) and since then maintenance every 3 weeks. Ongoing fatigue and nostril issues, skin problems and 🚭 numbness in cipn feet, affected vision. Difficult to sleep . Bevacizumab stopping August 26.
Apparently when avastin treatment stops, the cancer tends to rebound, or come back or wake up more quickly. So I feel avastin is just keeping a lid on things and when the lid is lifted (sudden stop of avastin infusion) the cancer often recurs quickly. So I feel we're caught between having the neuropathy and other very exhausting side effects or having a recurrence. 🤔🙄
Absolutely
More time and preferably less painful too 👍🏼
I’ve also had issues with Avastin but specifically, protein in my urine. Never could go back on it but I don’t know how long after it recurred. I’ve had two recurrences since my diagnosis in September 2020. Both in my liver. Right now it’s been 16 months since my last recurrence. I’m hoping for much more time. Obviously right?
God Bless.
It's a continuous rollercoaster. And of course every body has its own reactions! Good luck to us all ❤️
Thank you so much for that info. I had no idea that “rebound” was a “thing.”And, yes, my cancer rebounded.
Now that I'm reading up on “rebounding and Avastin” I’m more confused than ever.
I relapsed 5 months after my frontline treatment without Avastin. I thought I was platinum resistant. But, my second chemo (with Avastin) gave me a two year break from cancer, so I’m confused and curious.
Thank you for explaining this. I’m gong to do some more research!