Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Orlando, FL
December 13, 2021
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Near the end of my Taxol treatments I started getting it in my feet. Two years later I still have numbness and pressure in all of my toes and bottoms of the feet. The numbness can vary in degree and sometimes extends up the lower legs a bit. Luckily I only get an occasional stab of pain. I had some acupuncture early on and it did help a bit.

December 13, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was told that neuropathy is common with chemo, but that there is a chance it will disappear about a year after chemo is stopped. It has been 14 months since I stopped chemo and the neuropathy has recently gone away. I had it in my toes constantly and was told to take L-Glutamine for it. I started taking that last summer and don’t know if it helped or not. Someone else told me that L-Glutamine should be started before chemo, but I didn’t know that at the time.
Good luck! I hope it gets better or goes away!!!

December 22, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I hear Alpha Lipoic Acid is helpful. Available in health food stores. I just started to use. For me 200 mg every other day. I also use: Homeopathy, Acupuncture, Medical Cannabis, Magnets. I think the magnets helped. I wear have magnetic insoles in my shoes, wear bracelets and also sewed button size magnets into the tips of cotton gloves. A source for the button magnets: http://nettrax.myvoffice.com/nikkenusa/Shopping.... Good Luck

January 22, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have what I think is neuropathy in my feet. It didn't hit until my last chemo during my first battle with OC (and that's not Orange County). I'd had warning signs throughout my six rounds of chemo, but it never stayed until the last one. I feel as though my toes are encased in a thin layer of ice or maybe hard candy shell. Once in a while I get a slight tingling feeling. 2 years ago, my doc said that 3 supplements (one was alpha lipoic (?) and I don't remember the other 2) might help. I tried this but it did nothing for me. Pretty sure it is increasing a bit now during my 2nd battle with this monster. I can no longer wear "real" shoes so I'm glad I live in Florida where flip flops and sandles are my go-to. Can't deal with anything resting on top of my toes. I also have Reynaud's so not sure if ice would have been a good idea for me.

December 14, 2021 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I agree. I did wear an ice cap during both Taxol and Carbo infusions, but didn’t protect my hands or feet. I don’t know why, I guess I didn’t really know to do that. I also didn’t know or realize how awful neuropathy actually is!

December 14, 2021

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Metro, GA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bayville, NY

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Herndon, VA