Answer Summary
Members connected over the challenge of discussing their cancer with people who haven't experienced it, sharing that while most will answer... Read more
I play the cancer card if I need to. For example I had a tax meeting with my accountant the same day I was summoned for jury duty. So . . . . That seemed easy enough. I didn’t want to go to my inlaw’s dinner. So . . . I don’t want to go to Iowa to visit my estranged family. So. . . Oddly I use it as an advantage. 🤫
The thing that frustrates me is that most people think I'm all over the cancer. They think I had it, I had surgery and chemo and now I'm good to go. I'm struggling with the side effects from the Lynparza I have to take. I have anemia, kidney problems, and shortness of breath. They don't understand that there's a good chance of the cancer coming back.
I am told all the time that I look good, but I know I look tired and thin. People see me out walking every day, so they think I am ok. Exercise really helps. Just understand that most people have no clue what we are going through... Hugs 😇
I hate hearing, Prayers are working, look how good you look and no major problems with this round of chemotherapy. 😡 Those not living with cancer just don’t get it and only want to hear positive things. But there are times when we just need to vent because our lives have truly changed and won’t ever go back to what we had before this, and they just don’t get that. That’s why here we can all vent our frustrations and we are understood! Thank you ladies!!🩵🙏🩵
Yes, I feel that way too my teal sisters. I’m glad we can talk to each other about our symptoms and what we’re going through. Nobody outside of this club wants to listen to our tales of woe. While I think we all want to think positively, we’re all waiting for the other shoe to drop. I’ve been as positive as I can be most of the time. I live alone. I maintain my house, I do outside work and all that comes with it. I know that eventually I won’t be able to, but people have to stop telling me to be positive and get over it because I’ll be fine. They definitely don’t want to know about the daily challenges we face. All I hear is “You look good”. I want to say “Compared to what? You should see my insides” 😉. I’m not looking for pity, far from, but at least acknowledge I have problems and deal with it like I am. Sorry ladies for my rant, it’s been long coming. Thank you for your understanding because I understand you! 🙏🏻🤗🩵