Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
January 24, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Kimmie , fortunately I had minimal side effects from doxil. I had Doxil/carbo together. I had some fatigue and maybe minimal nausea. It was the easiest chemo I went through. I’ve had taxol/carbo then zejula pills, then doxil/carbo, now lynparza. So doxil was the easiest for me!!! I hope you do well and enjoy your good days!!!!! Live life!!!

January 24, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Kimmie glad your first treatment went well.After treatment I usually have two okay days and than three not so nice ones.But everybody is different.I think it is important to take the nausea meds as soon as you feel nauseated.
Good luck you are strong💪💪🙏😊

January 24, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had I believe 3 rounds of doxil/ Avastin before side effects.

January 24, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had six treatments of docile and carboplatin. I had a severe reaction to first doxil treatment but went through desensitization with each other treatment and fid fine. I expected the worst after reading about the side effects of doxil but fortunately I had very few. I did ice my feet during treatments. Other than fatigue I went about everyday life. Good luck with your treatments.❤️

January 24, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Kimmie, one more thing I did during the doxil infusions, I wore ice mittens and ice socks while the doxil was infusing. Eventually I didn’t wear the mittens but kept wearing the socks on. I had zero issues with hand/foot!! Don’t know if it helped or if I was just blessed enough to not have those side effects. Blessings to you!!!

January 24, 2024

Related Questions

View All
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In