Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I feel good, but am 89 and afraid of those two drugs.

May 22, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am getting ready to start my 12th cycle/month of Doxil and Avastin. A lot of patients have issues with the two, but I do really well and my cancer is now "stable." The key is ice on hands and feet and chew on ice chips during the Doxil. Ask lots of questions with the chemo infusion nurses, because they are a wealth of information. They give me Zofran to help with nausea, but this causes constipation for me, I take 2 Colace tablets the day of chemo and several days after. That will help. Good luck and worth trying.

June 6, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m on Doxil have had 5 infusions so far. I had severe stomach pain which they gave me Bentyl for which helped greatly Shar8 recommended it to me. I also have bad rash and nausea. Praying it works for you with out bad effects.i also had bad constipation to which I’m using senokot S to help

May 23, 2024 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I'm on doxil and carboplatin How can you be afraid of something that can help you? I'm 81 years old and take whatever treatment my gynecologic oncologist suggests. She knows better than me. Yes I get stomach pain. Sometimes I'm nauseous. Some days all I want to do is sleep. But hey...I'm still alive after 3 1/2 years and that's all that counts as far as I'm concerned.

June 6, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Leslie2, good for you! Thanks. As of today, I had my first Avastin, but declined to take Doxil, so in two weeks , I am to get more Avastin AND Gemzar, about which I know nothing yet.

June 5, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am getting ready to start my 12th month/cycle of Doxil/Avastin. Very few people can tolerate this chemo. My cancer is "stable" and my CA125 is starting to come down. Ask lots of questions and wear ice on hands and feet and chew on ice chips, If the redness is too bad, they can lower the dosage of Doxil.

June 5, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Weymouth, MA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hamilton, MT