Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Doctor likes how my CA125 responded quickly to this cycle of treatment and wants to continue Doxil as monthly maintenance. Appreciate any feedback--good or bad.

August 2, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hope everyone had a nice Christmas and are enjoying this Holiday season!!
I have had 4 Doxil treatments and about 3 or 4 weeks ago noticed that my tongue had a lot of dark patches. No pain, or other symptoms associated with it, although I do get mouth sores here and there. After consulting an ENT I was seeing and also a dentist and oral surgeon with no good answer --even my oncologist was admittedly baffled. Then one day in my grandkids carpool line I googled "Does chemo cause a black tongue?" and the only thing that popped up was a scientific paper about Doxil!! Said it causes hyperpigmentation in mostly women with darker skin--there were a few pictures as examples--all brown skinned females. I am of Italian descent and am definitely darker. In fact, now people are asking me if I'm tanning!!! Anyone else having this experience with Doxil maintenance? My oncologist and his partners are truly baffled., though he said everything he looked up says it's of no concern, but will probably continue as long as I'm using that drug. He asked if I wanted to change drugs, but I don't think I want to if it's working--my next pet scan is mid-January. Wishing you all a happy and healthy 2025--I will update after my scan.

December 26, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My oncologist hasn’t said the long term affects said I would be on it till it stopped working or have a issue come up

August 4, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

@A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member did the Doxil-avistan work dor you?

October 7, 2025 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Other than the side effects so you feel doxil helpes to reduce the tumors?

October 7, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been on Doxil/Avastin for 14 months.

August 5, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hendersonville, NC

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hamilton, MT