I just went onto my patient portal and read the tissue results from my radical hysterectomy which was performed one week ago. From what I can understand, it appears to have been staged at pT1A. Has anyone else had this staging? If so, will I have to undergo chemo? Can't find answers on the internet.
I don't have any experience with the testosterone issue.
I did the standard frontline of Taxol and Carboplatin. I never had the exhaustion, but I did feel very weak at times because of my rbc being low. The meds they gave me before each treatment took care of most of the nausea. I did have a great deal of bone pain after each treatment and brain fog was frustrating.
WhenI first got it5 years ago had surgery and had to wait six weeks before any chemo.
I was staged 1A. After my surgery, I had six infusions of chemo as a precaution as I am high grade serous, which is an aggressive strain.
my tumor was secreting testosterone. My levels for that were extraordinarily high for quite some time. What kind of chemo did you have? For how long? What were your side effects?
It may depend on the grade and type of oc that was found. I was fortunate to be diagnosed at stage 1A, but due to it being a high grade serous, my surgery was followed by chemo.