Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

2Have you done other treatments ?

February 25, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their diverse cancer journeys in response to questions about treatment duration and approaches beyond standard chemo and... Read more

Members shared their diverse cancer journeys in response to questions about treatment duration and approaches beyond standard chemo and surgery, with diagnoses ranging from 2014 to 2022 and stages varying from 2 to 4, reflecting the deeply individual nature of ovarian cancer. Several members described incorporating alternative or complementary treatments alongside traditional protocols, including PARP inhibitors like Lynparza, Zejula, and Rubraca for maintenance, immunotherapy with Keytruda, high-dose vitamin C infusions, mistletoe injections, fenbendazole protocols, and lifestyle changes such as plant-based or low-carb Mediterranean diets, regular exercise, and daily vitamins or probiotics. A recurring theme was gratitude for the expanding variety of treatment options available today, hope drawn from long-term survivors like one member who reached ten years with stage 4B cancer, and the shared determination to fight on multiple fronts while cherishing each day of life despite recurrences, complications, and the ongoing physical and emotional toll of the disease.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed with cancer November, 2022. Had surgery to remove tumor, staged at III. Currently doing chemotherapy (4/6 sessions done). Will do PARP Inhibitors after for 2 years (due to advanced staging and BRCA1 positive status).

Apart from traditional, I have a naturopath. I do high dose Vitamin C infusions after each chemo session, with mistletoe injections weekly. I take 11 supplements. I was eating plant-based, but now eat low carb Mediterranean to reduce carbs/ sugars. Running 5 days per week, prayer, and hugging my kids and hubby daily are part of my personal treatment plan.

I feel like this combo helps me to fight cancer on more fronts.

February 28, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was diagnosed with stg4 ovc in 2/14. I started with carbo/taxil. I cant recall but next treatment I had carbo. When it returned I had carbo/ doxy. They started on Zejula. Then next treatment was surgical removal of node and lymparza. Then a year surgery again and more carbo. I started taking Rubraca and it was making me very run down ,so they switched me back to Zejula. I was having way too many problems with this it so I went back on Rubraca.I was shocked as my cancer antigen dropped from 9 to 6 That was 3 years ago. It has been the longest rermission I have had. It has not come free from complications. For me it causes diarrhea and also photo sensitivity. But it's otherwise been very good. I have been 10 years with stage 4B cancer. And I must say I have had good quality of life regardless of the treatment.

October 14, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Four years since diagnosis for me. Stage 3B. Laproscopic Hysterectomy in 6/19, First round of chemo (IP at first but only 3 rounds) gave me 1.5 years with no recurrence. I started Zejula and could not tolerate. Went on carbo platinum/Doxy with some success but became platinum resistant. Then on to the Avastin/Taxol cocktail which held things at bay for 1.5 years. Now I will start Elahere and am interested in hearing from anyone who is on this new drug.

All the best of life to all- you only die once, but you live every day.

Linda

May 4, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Had CT scan in October. A week later, 10/19, had the vaginal Ultrasound and the labs done. Saw the oncologist surgeon on the 26th. She did my TAH the next day. That’s when I was diagnosed.
My chemotherapy treatments were delayed by a 3 week stay in the hospital for small bowel obstruction. Followed by a second open abdominal surgery.
This Friday I will receive round #4.
If I ever get out of this hospital stay.
Thankfully, There’s improvement on my CT scan. Lung and liver tumors/nodules are smaller.
CA-125 has decreased from 1099 down to 41.

February 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Reading through everyone’s comments and reviewing the protocols I’ve been on in the last 3 years I’m amazed at the variety available! I believe many of the new implementations have allowed a longer survival time for many of us. I give thanks for every day I’m given and relish the time. I’m no Pollyanna, but the worst day is better than no day. 🙏💕

June 8, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Niwot, CO

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In