Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Niwot, CO

CA125 just nearly doubled (37 —> 63). No pain, some bloating and some GI issues. I’m scared but mostly mad. Seeing oncologist next Friday. Any thoughts on staying positive or preparing for next round(s) of treatment?

September 27, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Squeen - I understand how you feel. I went 41 months after my last chemo treatment, Stage 3C. Less than 2 months ago I had debulking surgery and tomorrow I have my 2nd chemo treatment. My doctor said he is treating this as a new occurrence and we are following the same treatment plan as the first time. 6 chemo treatments after surgery. I must say it is easier for me the second time as I know what to expect. Praying your CA125 is a false alarm.

September 29, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have had 3 reaccurances in 5 years.
They say it is clear as September.
Stay positive and know there are new treatments out there.
Your doctor will find the right one for you.🤗

September 29, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

You went 39 MONTHS after last chemo??? WOW!!!! Good for you!! Now, just accept the fact that it will return, ovarian does NOT go away, it just hides, but sounds like you should have long in-between treatment times.
My gyn-onc told me that the cancer WILL return, and each time I stop chemo it takes about 1/2 the time to return: 1st chemo about 6 months, 9 months until return; 2nd chemo about 6 months, 5 months to return. My chemo last year I could have been on forever, but had to stop for dental surgery, that's when we found out the cancer had already returned. This year early June my CA-125 was 7633, but after 3 cycles of Taxol dropped to 50. I guess now it's just a matter of how long this continues to work, or the cancer becomes resistant.
Thoughts: If you believe in God, and/or have believer friends, get them praying for you. I have an army of prayer warriors across the county, when I post updates on FB, they comment with encouragements. At church they check on me and tell me I'm in their prayers. This has had the greatest positive input for me. And my hubby is very supportive.
Before starting the Taxol in June, my gyn-onc told me any therapy at this point had a NINE PERCENT chance of working, my God has picked up the other 91%.
Just live life, stay positive, don't give the cancer anything (like your anger), research foods to eat/not eat, research supplements you may have to take with the treatment (I had 4 diff supplements this time, 1 of them gave me very painful gastritis which my doc said wasn't possible, yet gastritis is gone after I stopped all supplements, still haven't figured out the culprit), keep in mind you doc doesn't know everything, read the articles here-you'll learn more.
sorry this went so long, but I hope it helps.

September 27, 2025
MyOvarianCancerTeam

It's completely normal to feel scared and angry when facing potential recurrence. Remember that a rising CA-125 alone doesn't automatically mean recurrence - your doctor will likely want to do additional imaging tests to get a complete picture of what's happening. While waiting for your appointment, try keeping a symptom Show Full Answer

It's completely normal to feel scared and angry when facing potential recurrence. Remember that a rising CA-125 alone doesn't automatically mean recurrence - your doctor will likely want to do additional imaging tests to get a complete picture of what's happening. While waiting for your appointment, try keeping a symptom diary tracking your bloating and GI issues, including when they occur and their severity. To prepare for your appointment, consider:

• Writing down all your questions and concerns
• Bringing someone with you for support and note-taking
• Researching potential clinical trials as treatment options
• Asking about different treatment approaches available for your situation
• Requesting copies of your test results

Remember that many MyOvarianCancerTeam members have found that taking an active role in treatment decisions helps them feel more in control during challenging times. While waiting for your appointment, try to focus on self-care and things within your control. One MyOvarianCancerTeam member shares that doing research about treatment options helped her feel more empowered when facing recurrence, turning anxiety into productive action. Remember that there are multiple treatment options available for recurrent ovarian cancer, and many women achieve good results with subsequent treatments.

September 27, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bridgeport, CT

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fernandina Beach, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In