Stage 1a. I need to find support here with other Stage 1a newbies and survivors. Reading late stage and cancer returning is not where I’m at and is freaking me out. Thank you.
The urine thing could be a combination of the surgery and chemo. Mine came after the chemo. It also affected my one knee, but walking will help that a little bit. I hurt it skiing, but they did not do surgery. I was too young would have needed a repeat about now, so I was told to wait until I could no longer deal with it. I am not there yet. There are other things that could affect the urine. Apparently, my pelvic floor is tense which may be the issue. Ask about pelvic floor physical therapy.
I was diagnosed as stage 1A. Please feel free to read my profile and message me.
Oh Geez, I think when the did the hysterectomy and then exploratory/lymph node retrieval some thing changed in how I urinate. Just counting my lucky stars I asked for the hysterectomy and was able to get it.
Hi SueEllen, I know what you are feeling. I am one of the lower stages of ovarian cancer. I had the hysterectomy, found the stage 1 ovarian cancer, but it was not in the lymph nodes and it did rupture during surgery. I did the six treatments of chemo and am supposedly cancer free. I am not quite ready to believe it. However, my situation is better than some on this forum and I know I am very lucky. My last chemo treatment was Feb 16 and I am doing ok. I have been getting through it by being positive and praying. For me, I still don't know what to expect and am treating it like an adventure I need to get through. My next appointment is not until June. In the meantime, I am having fun with learning/doing pelvic floor exercises. I now leak when I cough, sneeze or blow my nose. I never had kids, so this is a new experience and I don't want to wear a pad for the rest of my life.
Hi SueEllen, I am stage 1c. It was staged at 1c because the cyst ruptured while I was having surgery. I will be doing adjuvant chemo this week for 6 weeks.