Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Mccall, ID

Anyone have radiation treatment for this area: Enlarged retroperitoneal lymph nodes??
I know it's behind some things, the stomach... so I am concerned about beams of radiation hitting other parts of my organs that may become damaged. I just don't know how to stop the enlarged lymph nodes from being enlarged? Do you think having a head cold for almost 2 months has anything to do with it?

February 22, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I too have an enlarged para-aortic lymph gland and 2 retro-peritoneal lymph glands (that means they're around the kidneys). And I know there's more but I haven't had my CT scans yet to determine where else) so we haven't discussed treatment yet except for chemo. But if radiation is the suggestion, I'd go for it.
Kidneys and liver lymph nodes (those pesky para-aortic lymph glands) must be popular spots. Who knows?

February 23, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Colds don't cause lymph nodes at the back of your abdomen to be swollen. You can't stop lymph nodes from being swollen. I would go with what your oncologist recommends. If he recommended radiation I would do that.

February 22, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have an enlarged para aortic node that doctor is hoping will shrink with chemo but if not, she said we would zap it with radiation .

February 23, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am currently taking a chemo pill daily called Cytoxin and every three weeks get an immunotherapy treatment of Avastin and Keytruda. The treatment last an hour, but labs, a quick doctor visit, and all that takes it into 3 hours. CT scan two weeks ago says my bad lymph nodes are shrinking but now there is a development of a dark spot in my pancreas, Great HUH? So getting an endoscopy biopsy on Tuesday (happy halloween) to see what it is. I have been having bad tummy aches for about 2 months and now I now why. The doctor suggested taking pancreatic enzymes 3 x a day and WOW what a difference They really have helped my tum tum. Nice to have a doctor recommend something from a health food store that is legit. Cancer is quite a pain in the ass.

October 29, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Are you on a cancer drug? If you are it will probably not move around, but if you are not,who knows. They have to examine it more I guess. I think radiation is a little dangerous. But maybe another type of drug for cancer. Certainly it would be good to get a second opinion from another doctor who has knowledge about such things. Not all chemo doctors do.

October 14, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Winchester, VA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In