Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

We planed a trip but I can’t go because of my chemo shall I take my next cycle before my trip or after my trip which will be on 20th of October

September 18
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members rallied around a question about whether to reschedule chemo around a planned trip, with the most consistent advice being to work... Read more

Members rallied around a question about whether to reschedule chemo around a planned trip, with the most consistent advice being to work closely with your oncologist, as many teams are willing to adjust timing by a few days to help patients enjoy life between treatments. Several members shared that their doctors prioritized scheduling flexibility around important events, and one member mentioned asking about international travel to Brazil while on active treatment, with her team helping navigate immunizations and safety. A recurring theme was that living life and creating good memories during treatment is deeply healing, and having something to look forward to can make the hard days more bearable.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you, we planed this while I was on maintenance therapy I was not thinking it will be reoccurring that fast last then 6 months !!
But I think everyone should enjoy while they are able to !!

September 28
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Sevan, Wow, after reading all your replies seems like this could become a Political Rally, JUST KIDDING! One must have humor….anyway, I agree with all the above and depending on what type of cancer cell, (aggressive vs non-aggressive) would be the Oncologist’s call. I know one thing for sure, WHEN YOU CAN GET AWAY, GO!!! In fact, look at your chemo calendar and PENCIL IN PLANNED getaways! Very healing. Will give you something to look forward to like you said.
Hugs, Kaye 🥰

September 28
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hard call but you also need to live life. Work with your doctor for a win win.

September 22
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you everyone my doctor decide todo on the 23rd day.
Hoping everything will go smooth as
possible if God willing🙏

September 22
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Sevan, I think this is best to discuss with your oncologist. Maybe you can proceed with the second chemo and still go on vacation? I say this because I’ve had two chemos so far, with Carboplatin and Taxol. I feel fairly good about a week before my 3rd chemo. I’m going to have my 3rd this Wednesday, theyn have a weekend trip planned. I will also have a 6 day vacation about 10 days after my 4th chemo. For me, having something to look forward to other than cancer is very helpful and gives me hope that there is still life after this ugly disease!
Good luck in making the decision that’s right for you.

September 21

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lima, OH

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Redfield, SD