Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Washington, DC

I have recurrent ovarian cancer, metastatic to peritoneum. I’ve been through chemo twice and just had another big debulking surgery. Has anyone out there had the HIPAC? I’m at Kaiser and they don’t offer that. I think I am going to be put on chemo again very soon. I do not want to do Doxyrocubin, the “red devil“. I really don’t think I can live with being nauseous and vomiting all the time. Anything else I can probably tolerate but not that. Zero quality of life
Please share your experiences.… read more

May 25, 2021
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared a wide range of chemotherapy options and immunotherapy approaches for recurrent ovarian cancer after carboplatin and taxol... Read more

Members shared a wide range of chemotherapy options and immunotherapy approaches for recurrent ovarian cancer after carboplatin and taxol resistance, with many discussing their experiences with drugs like Doxil, gemcitabine, Elahere, Avastin, and Zejula, as well as HIPEC treatment during debulking surgery. Several members emphasized the importance of genetic tissue testing to identify targeted therapies such as Keytruda and other PARP inhibitors, with multiple people reporting excellent results and remission from these personalized treatments. A recurring theme was the value of exploring all available options, seeking second opinions, advocating for oneself with medical teams, and choosing treatments that preserve quality of life, with many members offering reassurance that Doxil side effects vary widely and may be more manageable than feared.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Metformin and Ivermectin are absolutely being repurposed to treat Ovarian Cancer. These are Clinical trials that have been completed with great success. Both medications kill ovarian cancer cells in vivo and in vitro. Metformin kills OC stem cells too. The world Health organization is about to announce that Metformin should be used as a supplement by everyone because it prevents heart disease, cancer, diabetes and makes you live longer. I know how to research properly. I was Chemo resistant and now I'm not! These two drugs worked and I have had no side effects. Blessings to all.♥️✝️♥️

May 8, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hey there! The “red devil” was not that bad. I had great nausea meds and they added those and steroids. I was never sick and the quality of life was no different than the other chemos I was on.

May 27, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Please request genetic testing of your tissues removed during surgery. It could qualify you for one of the immunotherapies which work very differently from chemo.

October 5, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had doxil but was changed to Abraxene. I don't remember if it was the side effects or that it didn't work for me. Since then during other reoccurances, I've had Alimta and then topotecan. Topotecan did great as it lower my CA125 from 354 to 44 during it's course.

July 2, 2021
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Merformin, diet, suppliments, and fasting have helped me avoid chemo for 2 and a half years now. Also various infusions. I will just keep doing, and will try other things too. Yes have to take into your own hands.

May 31, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Houston, TX

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, NY