Ovarian Stage 3C
I am 19 mos out since chemo. 3C. If my level doubled, I would ask if I could get another CA125 1 month later. They look at where your average is. And if yours is 12 and has been in that range, having it double, I would want to know if it is stable at that level or is it further increasing. Plus they're going to want to know do you have any symptoms. Every person is different. Some ladies have very high levels to start. I'm not one of those. My CA125 was 49 at diagnosis. It has been 8 and under since. But if it doubles to 16, Im going to ask for another test, and that's how I look at it. The internet doesn't know you as a person and your medical history. And some of the information is years old.π
Any inflammation in your body can so they say but I had a tooth infection and my Dr. said he did not think that would affect my level and it did not so again each person is different. Soon you will know for sure
Hello, Diana - Mine dropped significantly after sx too - definitely a good sign and good for you!!! You're trending in the right direction.
As for Sally's question - my doctor told me the CA125 detects 'trauma' in the body and this can be 'anything'. I strained a leg muscle and that caused my #'s to go up. So, it can fluctuate and it isn't an 'exact science'. *prayers*
Thank you for the insight ladies. I am 3C & currently doing chemo, but curious about the meaning my CA125 numbers. Mine went from 75 in May to 40 post surgery. Hoping that the numbers will keep on dropping with chemo.
It's completely understandable to feel anxious when you see your CA-125 numbers change β especially after everything you've been through with stage 3C. The internet can be a scary place for this kind of thing, so let's put it in some context.
A CA-125 level under 35 units per milliliter is generally considered within the Show Full Answer