Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
February 7, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I loved watching my CA125 numbers go down right after surgery, then get lower with the first 2 chemo treatments. It was such a relief to have a marker that helped me know that what I was doing was working. But once it's back in the normal range, it will fluctuate. I was usually in the 12-15 range before cancer, but jumped to 23 at one point. My doctor said I shouldn't worry, and that went back down again in the next 6 months. I think after cancer, any marker that goes up makes me worry more than before. The proteins it measures can be indicative of other things in the body as well, so they aren't to worry about. I take curcumin and omega 3's daily, and that helps me feel like I'm doing my best to create an uninhabitable place for cancer to live. Little things like eating well and exercising help me feel empowered, when I am feeling consumed with all the numbers. Best of luck!

February 28, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Lou:

Yeah, my CA 125 had gotten down to 37, then creeped back up to 55, then went back down to 49. Tomorrow I have my next blood test so I am hoping it’s creeping back down. My last CT scan was good. I am on maintenance drugs now (Avastin infusion every 3 weeks and daily parp inhibitor, Lynparza)

The way that my oncologist explained it to me is that he wants to see the CA 125 number plateau then come back down to determine if the Lynparza is working. I have my fingers crossed for my next blood test.

Mind you, my CA 125 number when I was initially diagnosed last August was 12,000 (that is not a typo!)

So I am MUCH better off!

April 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you. Mom is doing maintenance doxil. The jump on Tuesday was from 30 to 44. I am beyond freaked out. Scan is scheduled beginning of June. Mom is feeling good and for that I am so grateful. I am trying to stay in that but I’m worried. Thank you for replying it has made me feel better!!

May 4, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have had a clear CT scan and yet my CA 125 was over 3000. I am
learning that the CA 125 is not the definitive point of diagnosis. My number has fluctuated wildly and also has done a slow rise or fall.

May 3, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

The CA-125 is not the end all and be all in tracking ovarian cancer, but It is an indicator that oncologist use to track the effectiveness of treatments

April 26, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Wintersville, OH

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In