Hi Teal sisters
I am very overwhelmed tonight and could use some advice for my follow up with my oncologist tomorrow. I have high grade ovarian cancer stage 4 and just completed my second reoccurrence and did seven cycles of gem/carbo and secondary surgery in September. My last infusion was March 17 and pet/ct was stable and ca 125 as of March 31 was 8! I have my six week follow up tomorrow and had bloodwork done today my ca 125 is now 36 which was upsetting since I just stopped chemo I hope… read more
Answer Summary
Members rallied around Lisa's frightening question about whether cancer can return just weeks after finishing treatment, offering both... Read more
Thank you for the follow-up. This cancer is systemic torture. Mental, physical and psychological. When it’s not active physically, it plays on your sense of security, safety, sanity, self-confidence and peace.
It is very unsettling that you had your second debulking less than a year ago and your ca-125 rose higher than typical in less than a month after finishing.
I’m in your boat. Second debulking in November, CA-125 rising right after Gem/Carbo end.
I have no control. There is a ticking bomb in my body. I’m very aware when I’m ruminating in my fears. I spend a few minutes each day with this fear and move on. Not because I’m strong, but because the fear will consume me.
I live each day to the fullest. I move my body, I say, “I love you” to my friends and family everyday. I watch the bees in awe as they pollinate the trees.
If you didn’t have cancer, what would you want to do this summer? Think big!
…and don’t get hit by a car. The driver’s these days are crazy and you could get run over and die!!
We are going to Turkey, as long as Trump’s blockade doesn’t affect our flight fuel! xx
Lisa I hope you enjoyed your son’s graduation. My CA125 last week had gone up from 54 to 95. The oncologist said it was time for a CT to see what is going on and then chemo. I have only been in remission around 7 months this time but I am still going to go on holiday at the end of June. Lisa please keep planning to do things and do them. Nobody knows what is ahead and we need to live life foras long as we can. xx
Hi Lisa, so sorry to hear about your new CA-125.
It can of course spread if the CA-125 never got to 0. Three weeks is really fast, so your cancer must be really aggresive.
Mine never got to 0 as well and it returned in 2 months...
Please keep us posted on what the doctor say, if you wish so.
Teal Sister over here rooting for you, and sending all the most positive vibes ever!
Thx Julie I did ask and they said if less harsh products ok but my colorist knows me for years and for my blonde hair I need bleach so will just get a glaze to try tame some brassiness and wait it out! I usually don’t overthink it to long but this time it’s to fast the numbers went up feel like I should be doing something to stop these microscopic cells and as you know it’s hard and sucks! Hope you have an easy infusion tomorrow thx for reaching out will let you know how it goes in four weeks 💪🏻💕🙏🏻