Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
April 28
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Angela, that’s good news. Thank you for sharing.,
I remember there are other factors too that increase BP other than Avastin. I used to look up Cathy’s medicines because the oncologist and other drs would be changing them to manage other symptoms plus over the counter meds can put a spike in the BP.
We also monitored her BP, and O2 saturation.
We do the best we can!
Have a good sleep tonight.

May 14
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thankyou Kaye. I'm now on blood pressure pills, 5mg a day, I now own a machine to measure daily BP and the pill is holding it. I'm back in the 140s instead of 220's!! Oncologist says its certainly Avastin and it's nothing that I've done wrong!! So now I'm relaxed about it!

May 14
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Angela. It’s already May 13th. I was thinking about you after reading about your high BP with Avastin. Cathy my friend was on Avastin and we had to go to a cardiologist. He gave her 2 meds. We monitored her BP all the time. Finally she stopped taking 1 of them.
Sometimes her BP reacted to her infections, anxiety, uti , etc.
We found out through OC how integrated all our organs are. One little domino can affect many.
I hope you are doing better and have the bull by the horns!
🥰 Kaye

May 14
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I'm so glad
I've never had blood pressure before nor pills for it. I'm down to 139 now from 224 on Sunday so I'm brighter!
It was nice of you write comforting words. I hope your treatments go without incident.
Angela.

April 28
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Angela. So glad you are feeling better. My blood pressure did get worse with Avastin. Coupled with the fact that I had been taken off my very low dose BP drug when I was diagnosed. We finally got me on the right dose of a new drug to protect my kidneys. Since then my BP has been well controlled.
I have the last of my 6 chemo sessions next week and don't expect to have any problems.
i will be on Avastin for maintenance. Otherwise, have tolerated it well.

April 28

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Vista, CA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Glendale, CA