Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

Have completed full first line treatment for stage 4 hgsoc. Now on maintenance with avastin. Sensitive nostril seems new even though I had avastin with chemotherapy for 6 cycles. Any suggestions on cause or how to soothe mucous lining? TIA
Today my GP discovered a polyp in my left nostril. Anyone have similar experience? And of course one wonders, is it oc, metastasized?? Google says nasal polyps generally benign but having cancer makes me wonder πŸ€”

December 7, 2025 (edited)
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Blame avastin. Its almost certainly the culprit! My sinuses are terrible when I'm on it and resolved when I take a break. Very common side effect. Humidifier helps slightly in the winter if the stream blows right over your face as you sleep!

December 7, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi I wonder if this stuff would work on my chronic nonallergic Rhinitis....hm-m🀷

December 11, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Looks like our KateX pinpointed the culprit. πŸ™ŒπŸ‘

December 9, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi dunedinjo - I have not heard of the side effect of sensitive nostrils from chemo, however, there are many women on this site who have experienced different side effects and hopefully they can shed some light on this issue for you. Blessings!πŸ™πŸ»

December 7, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I went to my GP about the painful sensitive left nostril. Turns out I've developed a polyp there. She's put me on steroid nasal spray and will check in 2 weeks. And discuss how to remove and also to confirm it's a polyp and not metastasized cancer. Anyone have similar situation?

December 29, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
North Metro, GA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question πŸ’­
Herndon, VA