Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
North Metro, GA
September 23
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My glasses hide my missing brows!

September 24
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Josie, can you please send these later on name and where you bought the temporary tattoos? I will likely need the later on since I have pretty full eyebrows and feel very naked without them!

September 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

There are some really good temporary eyebrow tattoos that I used. Think of the old cracker Jack tattoos. You apply them like that with just a little bit of water. I got pretty good at doing those. I didn’t lose my eyelashes until the very end. I did use some false eyelashes at that point.

September 23
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thanks for sharing your experience Judy. I’m three chemos in, have lost all my hair on my head, but still have eyebrows and eyelashes. Not sure if they’ll go too, but hoping at least part of the hair stays! As you said, these hairs help filter the air, so they’re useful, not just vanity. I may have to get my eyebrows tattooed since that really bothers me because I’m used to dark brows. How far into treatment did you lose your eyebrows?

Have a good day 🌺

September 29
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have lost most of my eyebrows and my eyelashes as well as nose hair which may sound gross to discuss but my nose is raw on the inside and runs at the drop of a hat since there is nothing filtering the air! Also no eyelashes after having full dark ones was not so much the vanity piece as the practical of things in my eyes regularly, again because there is no natural prevention.... No solutions that work for me. My skin is very sensitive and reactive so no tattoo eyebrows or fake eyelashes for me... just cocunut oil in my nose and on my lips and eye drops to keep my eyes from discomfort. I do wear glasses so the eyebrow part is not so noticeable. I hope you find a workable solution for you.
Judy N

September 28

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Pittsburgh, PA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Goshen, NY