Answer Summary
Members confirmed that ovarian cancer can return after successful debulking surgery, sharing recurrence timelines that ranged from as soon as... Read more
Kay, unfortunately, yes. My recurrence came 16 months after being told it was in remission. ❤️
Hello.
Depending on your tumor genetics you may be eligible for certain maintenance therapies to keep the cancer controlled and extend time before possible recurrence. I have been on Avastin and PARP inhibitors as I'm BRCA2 positive and those therapies have been shown to work very well against tumours with those mutation. I was stage 3c at diagnosis and have been in remission for 3 years with no evidence of disease. You definitely should discuss options with your oncologist.
Kate x
Hi Kay - Everything I've read "yes" it can return. It is a sneaky disease that can pop up again after a remission period. This is something we all have to face.......no certainty.
Tina, our dates are very similar and we had the same treatment. My recurrence wasn’t until May 2025.
Unfortunately yes. I had surgery in August 2023 with chemo before and after. Unfortunately in August 2024 and 2025 I had recurrences. Both were successfully treated with chemo therapy. Today was the last of the 3rd round of treatments.