Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 30, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I have been on Elehere for 10 months. I started on full dose and developed eye blurriness increased liver enzymes, and worsening of my peripheral neuropathy. My Oncologist stopped the med for 6 weeks , I was monited by my eye Dr ever 3 weeks for 3-4. 3week periods. My eye problems,increased liver enzymes and CA125 improved. I have been on 2/3 dose since January and have been doing ok with no serious side effects. I see my Eye Dr. every 6 weeks and have been faithful with the eye drops. My peripheral neuropathy is a little worse along with a slight increase in shortness of breath. My case gets brought up frequently at Tumor board meetings and I am being closely monitored. My treatments are at the Weymouth Dana Farber Cancer center.

September 3, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

@Bilie
Hi Billie, when my doctor was going to put me on the Elahere trial for platinum sensitive, BRCA negative, Folate receptor- patients, I did a bunch of research & I did find this wonderful support group with a ton of information! I think I’ve listed this before, as I have belonged to it for a while and I’ve learned a lot about Elahere and beyond! Wanted to share it just in case you’re interested—This FB Group is called Elahere Cancer Support Group and Alternatives.
Sending xo🩵 This is their logo.

August 30, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Billie, from what I’ve read, vision issues, lung problems such as pneumonitis and neuropathy. You may want to invest in cooling gear for your hands and feet. I bought mine on Amazon. Prayers for a good outcome

August 30, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Oh thank you Jan. We are starting at the mid range instead of full dosage. Why did they stop it? Did you ice at all for the neuropathy like we did for the doxil? Good to hear no hair loss.

August 30, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I was on Elahere. My numbers started going down after my first and second treatment but my vision got so bad I had to sit out 6 weeks then my Dr lowered the dose on my next 4 treatments and my numbers started climbing up pretty rapidly. I had to see an eye Dr every 3 weeks or so. They had to stop treatment and now I’m in a Clinical Trial and they have me on Doxil.
I do hope it works for you. I didn’t lose my hair.

August 30, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question đź’­
Fernandina Beach, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question đź’­
Lincoln City, OR

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question đź’­
Lima, Peru