Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Lincoln City, OR

Either a second recurrence of a continuation of the first. Been on Avastin for 16 months. After pet scan now have 8 reactive pelvic lymph nodes and a suspicious 0.8 cm spot in spleen. First oncologist FINALLY is doing molecular testing for PD-1, HER2 and folate receptors. He is keen on Enhertu. I’m not keen on losing my hair again. 2nd opinion surg/oncologist appointment in 2 weeks. She likely wants carbo/doxil or carbo/gemzar. I base that opinion on previous conversations with her. I’m still… read more

February 21, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared honest experiences with Enhertu for ovarian cancer recurrence, with results ranging from significant tumor shrinkage and... Read more

Members shared honest experiences with Enhertu for ovarian cancer recurrence, with results ranging from significant tumor shrinkage and dropping CA-125 levels to ongoing monitoring of new spots, though fatigue starting around day five and flu-like symptoms were commonly reported side effects. Hair loss varied widely among members, with some keeping a full head of hair, others experiencing significant thinning, and a few losing all their hair again, making it a deeply personal concern for many facing treatment decisions. A recurring theme was the collective anger and grief over cancer disrupting retirement dreams and the so-called Golden Years, met with fierce solidarity and the shared determination to keep going despite it all.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I'm pisssed too about all of it. The Golden Years are "bullshit". We were on them until this happenned..

February 21, 2025 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I completely understand this feeling. My husband and I just retired in 2023. We purchased a motorhome and started traveling. Now our motorhome is being used to live in away from home as we are residing temporarily in Houston, TX for treatment at MD Anderson. Not the retirement I had envisioned.

February 22, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes I’ve had a foundation and Tempus profile but not PD 1, HER2, or folate. Those tests are for drugs approved for OC since diagnosis in 21

February 21, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I'm so sorry about this. I understand. Completely.

February 22, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Rita,
Just so I understand correctly, you did not have molecular tumor profiling done after your surgery? And you already had 1 recurrence?
My ctDNA came back positive last week and looks like my second recurrence since diagnosis in 2021.
Sending hugs and glad you are getting multiple opinions.

February 21, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fernandina Beach, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Roswell, GA

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In