Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
August 18, 2025
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

The post chemo transition is hard.. you were in a battle where every treatment was slaying the enemy and your focus was on that. Once you're done you'd expect to be YAY, but many of us are like..now what. Its unsettling to then start wondering what's next. What's the plan . Will it come back. Your treatment team will be following you closely and you may be on maintenance medication.. I'm just done with maintenance after 3 years and feeling the same as post chemo again.. what now.. no safety net.. Will it come back now.. this is all totally normal for cancer survivors and therapists who work with cancer patients are very familiar with these feelings. I'm probably one of the least superstitious people on the planet, but when it came time to ring rhe bell I didn't want to..like I was going to jinx myself.. I knew my treatment wasnt over..just the chemo part of it! You'll be a cancer survivor for the rest of your life. You will always see things differently now..but in time you'll start to be a bit less sad and much more grateful for every day you're given. There will always be anxiety around scans and blood draws..but cherish every moment of life and soak up time with loved ones and freinds!.. oh and talk to a therapist if you think it will help!

Kate x

August 18, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Tshepi, I felt the same
Way after chemo. I really think it was the actual chemo that made me feel sad and down. You know like a side effect. I took Lynparza for two years after chemo and when I was
Done with the Lynparza I again felt sad and depressed. I find I’m having a hard time planning for the future. I keep wondering if it’s going to come back. Hang in there. Take it one day at a time.

August 26, 2025
MyOvarianCancerTeam

First, congratulations on being cancer free! It's completely normal to experience mixed emotions during this time. The journey through cancer treatment is intense both physically and emotionally, and processing those experiences takes time.

Many people find themselves dealing with a range of feelings after treatment ends - Show Full Answer

First, congratulations on being cancer free! It's completely normal to experience mixed emotions during this time. The journey through cancer treatment is intense both physically and emotionally, and processing those experiences takes time.

Many people find themselves dealing with a range of feelings after treatment ends - from joy and relief to sadness and anxiety. This emotional response is a natural part of processing the profound experience you've been through. If you find yourself struggling with persistent feelings of sadness, there are several ways to get support:

• Individual counseling or therapy
• Support groups with others who understand your experience
• Regular exercise to boost mood
• Maintaining a consistent daily routine
• Speaking with your healthcare team about your feelings

Remember that seeking help for emotional wellbeing is just as important as treating physical symptoms. You don't have to process these complex emotions alone. As one MyOvarianCancerTeam member shared, you are not just a statistic - you are a person who has faced an incredible challenge. Give yourself time and space to process your experience while celebrating this positive milestone in your journey.

August 18, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

TshepiM, it’s both wonderful and challenging being NED. I’m able to spend more time with my grandchildren because I feel better and I have less clinical appointments. My gyn surgeon said they’re treating ovarian cancer more like a chronic disease. I like to think when we are NED there’s always a chance the cancer will stay away for a long time or not return.

August 19, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Depends what cancer stage you are in. If it is stage 4 then it probably will return. Enjoy the time and don’t worry. Just pray.

August 18, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Herndon, VA

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, NY

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In