Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Detroit, MI

I am currently on my 3rd Avastin/Doxil/Carbo treatment (2nd time around). Waiting for Cat scan to determine next steps.

May 21, 2025
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared their experiences with dyeing hair during cancer treatment, with many reporting they colored their hair throughout chemotherapy... Read more

Members shared their experiences with dyeing hair during cancer treatment, with many reporting they colored their hair throughout chemotherapy without issues or objections from their oncologists. Several members described using wigs during treatment as an alternative, with some choosing different colors and styles to experiment before returning to dyeing their own hair once it grew back in. A recurring theme was the importance of feeling like yourself and maintaining a sense of normalcy, with many members expressing that covering gray hair was not vanity but rather a meaningful act of self-care during a challenging time.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had my hair dyed while on Doxil with no issues for over a year , it helps to make us feel a little better and normal too

June 4, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

As soon as I had enough hair grow back you bet your bippy I dyed it. No way I was walking around with gray hair at 55 years old. Lol!! I had no problems.

May 22, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thank you !

May 22, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I colored my hair during Chemo, my Oncologist never told me not to, nor my hairdresser. My second round of chemo it all grew in Gray, I haven’t colored it blonde yet but I plan on it. My blonde wigs work for now.

May 21, 2025
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I don’t colour my hair but my hairdresser thinks it is a bad idea especially during treatment.

May 21, 2025

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
New York, NY

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
West Branch, MI