Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
West Branch, MI
October 27, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Members shared widely varying timelines for hair regrowth after chemo, with most reporting visible growth within two to four months, though... Read more

Members shared widely varying timelines for hair regrowth after chemo, with most reporting visible growth within two to four months, though some experienced slower regrowth or a second hair loss after resuming treatment. Several members described how their hair came back differently than before, often with unexpected curls or changes in texture, thickness, or color, with some curls eventually reverting to their original pattern over time. A recurring theme was the emotional complexity of waiting through the awkward regrowth stages, balancing hope and patience, and finding solidarity in shared experiences like using hair gel to tame unruly new growth or debating whether to color emerging gray.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Starting coming back a few weeks after last chemo. This is my hair on Oct 1. My last chemo was late April

October 28, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

It took three months before some fuzz appeared and then my hair came in very curly. It was a year before it started to come out straight.

November 28, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Paula that would look so pretty on you. I don't mind the curly as much as the uneven poof on the top. I have a long face and it makes me feel like Eraser Head, 😄

November 22, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’ve seen responses saying that their hair came in curly but eventually the curl went away. I hope mine comes in curly. I think it would be fun.

November 21, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Not since dippity do have I used gel. Now I use some chamomile natural ingredient hair goo to glue my poodle hair down. When it arrived it had so many chemicals that it had to be a lab product. All to look more like Julius Ceasar 😬

November 21, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fort Dodge, IA 50501, USA