Answer Summary
Members discussed why doctors cannot pretest tumors for chemotherapy resistance before starting treatment, with several explaining that while... Read more
My oncologist sent my tumors off for genetic testing. Did chemo then was put on Rubraca for maintenance. It worked for a while but that was in 2017. Have had three surgeries thru the years since then lots more chemo and still fighting this blasted parasite!!! Oh well, on the bright side my life is not dull and it gives me something to do every three weeks!🤣
I like this question! It sure would be nice to know in advance!
My tumor was removed incapsulated, totally in tact. A biopsy was taken while I was still under anesthesia. They knew immediately that I had clear cell carcinoma cells - my surgeon/gyno oncologist recommended 3 chemo treatments just as an added precaution. I was lucky it was found so early. Stage 1a. No symptoms - I just didn't want to take prilosec anymore for tummy issues. Fortunately, I have a smart primary care doc - she said 'lets do a CT from abs to pelvis just to make sure nothing else going on'. Had zero idea the CT would show a tumor on my right ovary. Pure luck.
I would have thought the CA125 would be evidence that something is going on. Mine was very high, went in for a biopsy and things moved fast and went in and had a radical hysterectomy and part of my bowel removed because it had spread. But if the CA125 wasn’t done, I guess I would have became a lot more unwell as l had symptoms of nausea no appetite weight gain and I knew something was very wrong. Thank god that I went back to my Doctor.
It makes too much sense, that’s why.