You need to log in or sign up before continuing.

Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Bonita Springs, FL

My doctor wants me to start Gemzar/Carbo. Do you lose your hair? What are side effects that you have?

February 4, 2024
 · 
Be the first to react
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I didn’t lose my hair with Gemzar and Carboplatin.

February 4, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had one round of just the carboplatin and i was able to tolerate it , i lost my hair with the first round of chemo because they gave me taxel and carbo and my body couldn't tolerate it .

February 4, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had a very hard time after treatments of gems at so I quit. My first series of carbo I DID VERY WELL. My cancer returned after carbo after a very short time is the reason to my being on gemzar.I will be talking with my oncologist in a few more days.

February 4, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hendersonville, NC

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In