I have stage 4 ovarian cancer Hgsoc and no Brca gene and after nine years ned my cancer returned sept 2023 and did six rounds of doxil, carbo, and avastin and started May 21 maintaince avastin my ct shows minimal residual but was good unfortunately my ca 125 started rising slowly every six weeks checked and started at 7 and this past Tuesday is 35 ! I know ca 125 can fluctuate mine was always accurate first time with little jumps but never past 11 and this time continues to rise so has anyone… read more
My surgeon who is a gynecological oncologist said, it does not matter about the number but whether it is going up or down. Meaning some people have rising numbers even when it is a general thing that they are in the normal range. People have different normal.
Be careful of that normal range. When I had my first return, a doctor ignored a Catscan and two months later I said it had gone to 10. He just raised his arms and said people are in the two thousands. 3 months later they discovered that it had gone to the liver and had a CA125 of 14. So it had spread.
My CA-125 I feel is a good indicator of cancer progression, even with it being in normal range for 18 months now. It just jumped from 10 to 28 in 3 months and ct-scan shows progression with my cancer. Everyone has different results with the ca-125. I am a believer in it. 🩵🙏🩵 best of luck!
They also usually give me a. Catscan that is not as intense goes along with it. For the next person an answer that CA125 can also be showing some other problem. I had a needle popped out of my port and went all over. The CA125 went way up but I am pretty sure it was not the same as the actual cancer, but the doctor was not told about the disaster and they stopped the trial. No one even told me about the Catscan but they did another on top of it. I was sick for a month.
In a petscan you drink some stuff that lights up anything that has cancer. They can also tell you the difference between the amount of cancer a tumor or something has. My major one is a soft tissue one that can be seen well, although it is not powder. I do not know why it would not light up powder but not sure.