Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rowlett, TX
October 7, 2023
 · 
Reactions

Answer Summary

Many community members shared that they experienced blood clots during or around their cancer treatment, with several noting that both cancer... Read more

Many community members shared that they experienced blood clots during or around their cancer treatment, with several noting that both cancer and chemotherapy raise the risk of developing clots. A recurring theme was long-term or lifelong use of blood thinners like Eliquis (apixaban), with some members having doses adjusted after new clots formed while already on medication. Members also described a range of symptoms including shortness of breath, leg swelling, and in some cases no symptoms at all, with clots discovered only through routine CT scans.

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

They found 2 small ones after surgery. I had clear cell so that is one of the side effects of clear cell. My pluse has been up for months but I think being the hospital they seen it wasn't going down so they did a CT. I think I had them before surgery.

October 10, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had blood clots in my leg and lungs, which eventually led to the doctors discovering that I had ovarian and uterine cancer. I was on a blood thinner until about halfway through chemo when blood clots were no longer a threat.

October 9, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes I had blood clots recently, diagnosed on a routine CT scan.
I was concerned that it was due to my new medication but my oncologist assured me that it was not. Having cancer puts you at higher risk for developing clots. News to me.

October 7, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I really didn't have any symptoms other than slight swelling in my foot. I had DVT.

November 11, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Chemo increases the risk of clots. so does having cancer.

November 7, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hacketts Cove Nova Scotia Canada

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chateaugay, NY