Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Oceanside, CA

I am trying to hang onto a bit of hope now that I have been diagnosed as Carboplatin resistant.

If your cancer starts to grow 6 months or less after you cease Carboplatin, apparently that makes you carbo resistant (it’s been 5 months).

My CA 125 numbers are rising, my recent CT scan shows a tiny increase in my lymph nodes by millimeters.

I need to talk in more detail with my oncologist, but he wants me to stop taking Lynparza and start chemo again. Paclitaxel every week and Avastin every other… read more

June 29, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Gailypaily - That is the best attitude to take. Don't worry until there's something to fret about. Blessings❤️

June 29, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My cancer is platinum refractory. (My tumor grew & I developed ascites while on chemo) My treatment plan was to be 3 treatments with Carboplatin/
Paclitaxel, Interval debulking surgery and 3 more chemo treatments. However, My oncologist stopped the chemo after 3 treatments. After surgery I went on Letrozole as a maintenance treatment & am so far NED.

June 30, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I am resistant to carbonation. If my cancer recurs again I'm sure my gynecologic oncologist will have something else for me. I can't worry about it now. They're always finding new drugs. My cancer had recurred about 15 months after my initial surgery and chemo but after a few chemo treatments I had very bad reactions. My doctor had me finish the treatments but told me I could not have those drugs again.

June 29, 2023 (edited)
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I think I already answered this. Yes I am resistant to carboplatin. It has nothing to do with any time frame. My recurrence came around 15 months after my surgery and around a year or so after my last chemo. I had about 3 chemo treatments for my recurrence before I became resistant but finished out the remainder of my chemo with it anyway. My gynecologic oncologist said if I have another recurrence I won't be able to take carboplatin again but there are other drugs I'm sure. If your doctor isn't in on the latest drugs and treatments it's time to find a better gynecologic oncologist.

July 2, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Ranee, I’m platinum resistant too, it’s pretty common for that to happen. Has your Dr had testing done to find out if you are eligible for Elahere? I’m not eligible for it.

June 30, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭