Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Gig Harbor, WA

It has been three months since my last chemo treatment, which was not even a full dose of only Carboplatin. My debulking surgery was 7 weeks ago. I am still having essentially the same side effects that I was having a week, to and even three weeks after my chemo infusions.
It seems that after 3 months with no chemo, my side effects should have been less...is this the case?

May 8, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My oncologist said it takes six months to recover from chemo. You have a double whammy your also recovering from surgery. Take it easy , be patient you still have lots of healing left.

May 8, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Last chemo was in januari and since June I was feeling better. More energy and overal a bit like before (although nothing will ever be like before). Hair started growing straight on. And looks good
I hope you reviver faster. I understand that walking, being in nature and meditate help

August 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Some side effects never go away. Hang in there!

August 26, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Stopped chemo in March. Didn’t feel normal until August

May 8, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Centerville, AR

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Fernandina Beach, FL

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Las Vegas, NV