Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question đź’­
Centerville, AR

how long to chemo therapy side effects last, i.e. irregular blood pressure, increased heart rate with pacemaker, constipation.
Do these side effects get worse with additional chemo?

November 17, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Well we tried it again today! Reaction to Doxil again so that is off the table. Proceeded with Carboplatin so we can least achieve something! Oncologist is consulting to see where to go from here! Oh joy! Oh joy! Blessings to my Teal Sisters!!🙏🏻❤️

November 28, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Judi I am starting my second round of chemo for Ovarian 3C. Had surgery in September and surgical incision revision in October. Tried Doxil this past Monday and had reaction going to try again next Monday! I agree with you about no day that I am alive can ever be a bad day! I am also truly blessed❤.

November 25, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Eva2, When I look back 8-1/2 yrs ago with the inflammatory metastatic breast cancer, then 4 yrs ago advanced ovarian cancer, by some standards, I should be gone a long time ago. Now that I'm on chemo again for the 2nd recurrence, this is what I have believed always ~ these two cancers have no cures but there are still treatments that keep me here; no day I am alive can ever be a bad day ~ I am Blessed♡

November 21, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thanks that sort of confirms my decision not to proceed with more chemo as I don't have that long left and don't want to feel sick. Really appreciate your answer.

November 17, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I think there is a saying that states to give yourself two months for each treatment before feeling human again. I had 4 treatments and it actually took me a year before feeling alive again. I recommend a product, CALM for constipation, as it contains magnesium and will keep you regular. Hang in there!

November 17, 2022