Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
San Antonio, TX

I had CA125 of 279 before surgery. Then during chemo between 7-10. Then three months after chemo was over it was 6.9. This week is 6 months since I finished chemo and CA125 is at 77.5.
I feel fine physically, better than before the chemo, even. I am scared the cancer is back. I have Stage 1C but had surgery to remove ovaries, omentum and lymph nodes (which came back clean)

February 13, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

That CA125 causes so much concern and anxiety. It is an accurate marker for some but not all. My number has been between 9 and 9000 over the past 4 years. You have to take into account how you feel and what the scans show. I wish you calm and strength.

May 3, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

,sending hugs to you

March 21, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Simple answer no

February 5, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I felt pain on my bottom abdomen and knew there was something wrong. Sure enough the CA-125 went up from 18 to 36 and it came back on the PET scan. I am just glad that it was found early instead of later. I am almost done with my chemo treatments.

May 11, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My ca-125 is going up over normal range. I'm very worried. My last scan showed nothing. I have another scan mid March. I had blood work today and will get results soon. I feel finebut I fear the cancer is back. I have stage 4. I'm on Etoposide chemo pills. So scared.

February 23, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Sydney, AU