Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Amsterdam, NL

Since my treatments my blood pressure goes up. I always had 65-120 but now it it 95-140 and more.
Anybody with tips how to get this down? With it without pills?

January 31, 2023
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

My oncologist put me on meds (Lisinopril) to control high BP caused by Avastin.

January 31, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Sorry to hear about your increased BP. Are you fit enough to do a mile or two of gentle walk everyday? I know gentle exercise can lower BP.

January 31, 2023
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

It still is not so high. If you do not go up much more than 140, you are not in much danger. I am taking avastin,and am on blood pressure medication,but mine goes up to 185, Ihave to.

January 13, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Get a prescription from your PCP for blood pressure reducer. Mine works well.

January 7, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Funny. I got off of taxol and only on Avastin. I was going up to 170 or 180, quite high, but now after my 3rd (poss. Forth) with only avastin ( a higher dose of course), and my blood pressure is going down to 142 or so in the evening before I take the evening meds.

October 13, 2023

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭