How have you been managing COVID-19 in your life during cancer treatment?
Is it a good practice to not be around unvaccinated people? Has anyone had COVID-19 during chemotherapy and if so how did you manage it?
I wear a mask, got vaccinated and received all the boosters.
So glad you got through it! Thank you
I was warned that even a cold could cause issues during chemo, so it makes sense to be careful and take extra steps to not catch any type of virus if you can help it. Had there been any large crowds in 2020 when I was getting treatment, I would have most likely tried to avoid them since my immunity to everything was so low. Also, since people who have received the shots can also get the virus, I'm not sure that only being around them is going to provide you any protection. I hope you are able to avoid any sickness while you're undergoing your treatments.
I'm so sorry for your loss. I got COVID at a local hospital. I didn't even know I had it. They kept me in the hospital for 10 days. They kept taking my mask off to take my temp. They were also not wearing masks which I thought was strange for an emergency room.
I am so sorry for your loss