Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Chicago, IL
June 25, 2022
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I received Carbo alone every 4 weeks for recurrence. It was given once every 4 weeks to try and keep the white count up. I received 12 treatments over a 12 month period in 1987 for recurrence. The treatment was postponed one week three times over the year because the white count was too low.
You might want to ask what your dosage of Carbo will be when it is given weekly and what will the dosage be when it is given once a month. The dosage is based on your weight.
When I received Carbo alone the dosage ranged between 620mg when I weighed 130 and 640 mg when I weighed 137.
I never received Taxol. (It was not available when I was diagnosed in 1987.) One of my three chemo's I received as first line treatment was Adriamycin. Doxil is a form of Adrimycin.
I would want to know want your gyn/onc thinks is the best way to go. Perhaps a second gyn/onc could give an opinion.

June 25, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had Carbo/Taxol once every three weeks. I don't know how it would be having to do this each week. Wishing you the very best!

June 25, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I had carbo/taxol combo then neulasta , I had to take loratidine ( allergy med and Aleve ) got 3,days to lessen the side effects of Neulasta . They gave me Ament IV ( anti- emetics ) drugs before they started my chemo , and also pre chemo I have to take dexamethasone ( steroid ) orally 12 hours and 6 hours before chemo . They had to give me IV Benadryl too , another dexamethadone IV & Pepcid IV , I didn’t have much problem receiving my chemo on all my 6 cycles . I was thankful that my chemo regimen worked well with me .

July 9, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I also had carbo/ taxol once every 3 weeks and had a Neulasta patch. Worked out fine

June 25, 2022
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

had 2nd chemo with no issues but sure that will change

June 25, 2022

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Destin, FL

Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
By joining, you accept our Terms of Use, and acknowledge our collection, sharing, and use of your data in accordance with our Health Data and Privacy policies.
Already a member? Log In