Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Destin, FL

I have stage 3C/4 ovarian cancer. My oncologist is recommending HIPEC surgery after 4 rounds of chemo and then 3-4 more rounds of chemo after the surgery. From what I have read, it’s a very aggressive approach. Has anyone had any experience with HIPEC?

May 29, 2024
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Yes Beth, I have done the exact protocol you’re having. 2 rounds of Carbo, Taxol & Avastin then two rounds without Avastin, then debulking/cytroreduction with HIPEC. 7 days in hospital. I feel the HiPEC was probably the easiest part, no reaction from it. It was a 12 1/2 hour surgery, 2 blood transfusions, a colon resection lower end. After I had another 3 rounds of carbo & Taxol Declared NED, then started Zejula (BRCA 2+). During the next 6 months I really was on Zejula for only 3 1/2 months due to bad bloodwork and waiting for approval. At my 6 month check up, cancer had come back to my lymph nodes in pelvic and abdomen. Just had my 5th round of Carbo, Doxil & Avastin. Last CT Scan showed slowing of growth and no new areas. I am stage IIIc, HGSC, BRCA2+, HER2+, diagnosed 10/22. It is a very aggressive procedure, but believe it is well worth it to do it. I wish you the best and please keep us updated. 🩵🩵🙏🩵🩵

May 30, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I know someone who had it done. She said she had no problems when she had it done. If it were me I would do it!!

May 29, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Sorry Sharon I just saw this, my doctor felt the Zejula was a better choice. I believe all three parps are supposed to be best for BRACA, but didn’t turnout to be for me. He also stated that I most likely would not be put back on a PARP since the first one didn’t work. Avastin he said would probably be his choice until I start rejecting it. So we will see what happens in September once I get my next scan.

June 12, 2024
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Billie, I was wondering usually when people are Brca positive they are put on Lynparza. Why weren't you put on Lynparza right after chemo?

May 31, 2024

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Rancho Mirage, CA