When I was initially diagnosed in 2020, I had carbo + taxol chemo treatments. Now my cancer has recurred in 2 lymph nodes in my pelvis, and my oncologist is going to put me on carbo + Gemzar. I'd be interested to know about the experiences of anyone else who has been given this chemo cocktail. One friend who is taking it now said that hardly any of her hair has fallen out! I would love to not go bald again.
Answer Summary
Members shared their experiences with Carbo and Gemzar chemotherapy for ovarian cancer recurrence, with most reporting minimal or no hair loss... Read more
Hope you have success with your new treatment.
Never was on gemzar, would be nice if you don,t lose your hair.💕
Hi Glynn, I was on Carbo and Gemcidabine(Gemzar) for about 6 treatments. Did not lose my hair and not bad side effects. I am now currently just on Gemcidabine and no real side effects either. This is my 3rd round of Chemotherapy in less than 3 years. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 Ovarian Cancer on November 30th, 2019. Things are going pretty well and my CA125 is around 60. Hang in there! 🙏❤️🌹
Hi Kathleen! I’m sorry you had such a bad reaction. I haven’t been sick or lost any hair. I’m glad the other drug combo worked out better for you.
Glynn sorry to hear of your recurrence. Praying the new drug gemzar works for you. Keeping you in my prayers.
I did not do well on gemzar. Hope it works better for you. Had bad headaches and had to try another chemo. I did loose my hair but not sure if it was the gemzar or carbo! Sorry maybe it was just me. Prayers you keep your hair and it works for you. Bald is beautiful I think! Told everyone my hairdresser was my oncologist.