Answer Summary
Members shared their varied experiences with carboplatin and Taxol chemotherapy, with several describing allergic reactions to Taxol that... Read more
Have you tried vitamin B6 for the neuropathy? It has helped me quite a bit.
I have been on them. I remember being tired, nauseated, lost my hair.
It'll grow in super curly, but it will eventually straighten out to your normal hair. It just takes time to get the effect of molecular change our of your system. Hair is one of those fast growing cell systems that the chemo attacks, so your initial growth of hair will have some of the residue which causes the crazy curl.
.
I was started on Carbo and Taxol. Also had an allergic reaction to Taxol. For the first treatment it started after receiving about 2/3 or the dose. Started flushing, knew immediately what was happening, called the nurse who came running with steroids and antihistamines. Was able with drugs and rest to finish the dose. Happened the second time at about half and was again able to finish. At the third treatment it happened almost immediately and they stopped the dose. Last treatment they substituted Docetaxol for the Pacitaxol I was allergic to. No issues with treatment. Don't like the side effects, but as chemo has shrunk tumors and taken C125 to normal, I am pretty happy with treatment. Funny thing I haven't shared; had a dog with bone cancer treated with carboplatin. He went into remission and died of old age at 13+. Sort of gives me a positive feeling about chemo. I haven't had much trouble with side effects. Rest when I am tired. Had things set up with food and help with dogs before I started. Both of those made things much better. Hang in there and work with your medical staff. If you start having reactions get in touch with them. And take care of yourself. You don't have to be any kink of role model here, just get thru things and get better. Many of use are doing this walk with you.
I couldn’t do Taxol , first time and first treatment had bad reaction.