Connect with others who understand.

  •   Learn from expert-reviewed resources
  •   Real advice from people who’ve been there
  •   People who understand what you’re going through
Sign Up Log In
Powered By
Real members of MyOvarianCancerTeam have posted questions and answers that support our community guidelines, and should not be taken as medical advice. Looking for the latest medically reviewed content by doctors and experts? Visit our resource section.

I had debulking surgery on July 3 and my weight has been stable since then. I’m concerned about this trend since I’m gaining 2 pounds a week. Terrified that I may have a new tumor growing or an issue with my colon since I’ve had some gastro issues and lots of diarrhea the past week. Haven’t changed my diet or activity either. Seems odd.

4 days ago
 · 
Reactions
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

After 6 sessions completed 12/24 and debulking and hysterectomy, I gained 10 pounds. I exercise at least four days a week, and I don't eat a lot of bad stuff. It makes no difference. The weight does not go away for me. I'm 74. So I just accept it, and I'm happy to be alive.

3 days ago
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

I’m in the same situation and on the same protocol. I have had 5 treatments so far. My weight has fluctuated by a couple of pounds day to day but I attribute it to gastro issues. Certainly continue to watch it.

4 days ago
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Hi Fay, great minds think alike! I actually took Camino gummies to help me sleep with my last cancer because of the steroids. The steroids have really affected me this time, my mind is always racing and I’ve even reported to taking additional Benadryl (a few days after infusion) and half a gummy if that’s not enough. The oncologist actually suggest the Benadryl, which makes a lot of sense.
I actually use the cooling socks and gloves, even bought extra sets of the ice packs because they get warm so quickly as you know. It’s kind of a pain to switch them, but I’ll do anything to help ward off neuropathy!
Thanks for the encouragement, you power 💪 ahead full steam too!

3 days ago
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

@A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member - you get steroids with each pre-Chemo treatment and they increase your appetite and also affect your sleep. First night after chemo you’ll be sleeping well after Benadryl infusion, but on a second night steroids will hit you with insomnia. I use Camino Cannabis gummies for sleep for ages now, they don’t get me groggy like sleeping pills do.
The best way To help prevent neuropathy is to buy on Amazon 2 sets of СNemo cooling gloves and socks so you can rotate them every 30 min (with somebody helping you) during Taxol infusion.
Full ahead sister 💪🙌

3 days ago
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member

Thanks for the info Pam...sad that you tried diet and exercise and you still gained the weight. I will keep this in mind to not beat myself up if I gain more! I've battled with my weight my whole life and every oncologist tells me to lose weight to lower my cancer risk; I'm not obese, but definitely 20-30 pounds overweight, so I don't want to gain any more. I was enjoying my clothes being loser, but it sounds like that was temporary. Did you initially lose some weight when you had the debulking surgery?

3 days ago

Related Questions

View All
A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭
Hamilton, MT

A MyOvarianCancerTeam Member asked a question 💭