I also had an allergic reaction to Doxil during my first infusion, but got through it. I heard that a lot of people do have a reaction to it the first time, but that it’s better during the second infusion. I have not experienced at all any of the hand/foot syndrome that you read so much about.
September 30
I had an anaphylactic reaction.
September 24
I didn’t and had very few side effects from Doxil.
September 24
Hand-foot syndrome (also called palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia) is indeed a well-known side effect of Doxil (liposomal doxorubicin), and it's one of the most commonly reported complaints among people using it for ovarian cancer treatment.
Severity can really vary from person to person. It can range from:
- Mild – redness Show Full Answer
Hand-foot syndrome (also called palmar-plantar erythrodysesthesia) is indeed a well-known side effect of Doxil (liposomal doxorubicin), and it's one of the most commonly reported complaints among people using it for ovarian cancer treatment.
Severity can really vary from person to person. It can range from:
- Mild – redness, tenderness, or tingling in the palms and soles
- Moderate – peeling, blistering, or swelling that makes daily tasks uncomfortable
- Severe – painful sores that interfere with walking or using hands
Some things that may help manage symptoms include:
- Keeping hands and feet well moisturized
- Avoiding tight shoes or repetitive friction
- Using cool water instead of hot
- Letting your care team know early — they may adjust your dose if needed It's really important to report any hand or foot changes to your oncologist as soon as they appear. Catching it early gives your team more options to help manage it before it becomes more serious. You're definitely not alone in dealing with this — it's one of the most talked-about Doxil side effects in the ovarian cancer community.
September 24