Answer Summary
Members shared a wide range of experiences with Doxil, from those who tolerated it well with only fatigue and hair thinning to others who... Read more
Hi Ro. There are many forms of doxil. If you are starting lyposomal doxil that is what I’m on right now coupled with carboplatin and avastin. Had infusion Tuesday. It is not as bad as taxol. It tanks my neutrophils so I had a neulasta injection yesterday. I’m nauseous today but from what I don’t know. Lyposomal doxil is stored in fat cells and released over a period of about 2 weeks. NO HAIR LOSS. Just laying low today. Just do not feel good. It also lowers my blood pressure. Br sure to use ice chemo booties and mittens due to hand foot syndrome. Causes rashes but not for me. Hope that helps.
Hi Ro,
Just like Roberta, I just had fatigue, but hand/foot very common.
I tolerated it very well-no hair loss. It worked amazingly well for me.
Was just taking off of Doxil wasn’t working for me, started me on carboplatin yesterday on platinum sensitive so hopefully it will do what it did the first time I didn’t mind being on Doxil at all. I literally no side effects from it. I hope it works for you.
I had none of the bad side effects on Doxil. Hair got thinner and I was tired but nothing I couldn’t handle.