Stage 3C HGSOC, 3rd récurrence. BRACA here neg; current med Caelyx (liposomal pegylated Doxorubicin) infusion every 4 was.
I am so sorry that you are experiencing such severe pain! I have a love hate with all the codones I love the pain relief and hate the ensuing constipation. Fortunately I have a neurdivergent experience of pain and so rarely experience intense pain for long periods so far. I am goad that you have found relief and are taking care of yourself!
Prayers for you,
Judy N
Hi Theresa,
I’m so sorry you are having pain and that this is your 3rd recurrence.
Just hang in there Sister. Managing Pain, like anything else, is an Art for individualized care.
As long as it’s managed under an Oncologist Team, there are several options to choose from.
Since your pain is at the high level, let the doctors know you need advice whether to switch to Morphine, Dilaudid, or the hydrocodone extended release. You can always use “temporarily” one medication for high pain levels when necessary but not stay on it. Sending hugs and hope you get better. Kaye🥰
Managing severe pelvic pain at a level 8 out of 10 while going through Caelyx treatment for recurrent Stage 3C HGSOC is genuinely tough, and it's great that you've found a regimen that brings some relief.
Oxycodone dosing is highly individual — what works well for one person may not work for another. A dose of 30 mg every 12 Show Full Answer